Joe Muer Seafood introduces Sunday brunch this weekend with a luxurious à la carte menu that ranges from eye-opener cocktails and crab-cake-and-bacon signature Benedicts to griddled New Orleans bread pudding and brandy-infused Maine lobster rolls.
Joe Muer Seafood Menu
Highlights of the extensive Joe Muer Seafood menu — in addition to the aforementioned Joe Muer Benedict ($18) — include specialties such as grilled shrimp over creamy grits with poached eggs, étouffée sauce, and Andouille sausage ($20) and huevos rancheros with eggs done your way, Colorado green chiles, black beans, corn tortillas, jalapeño creme and cotija cheese ($18).
Sandwich and salad choices include the Maine lobster roll ($18), the dry-aged prime Muer burger with white-truffle fries ($16), grilled local spring asparagus salad with prosciutto ($16), and Scottish salmon Niçoise salad ($20).
- Deviled Crab Balls: Blue crab, stone ground mustard sauce
- Fried Calamari: Served with a lemon butter caper sauce and artichoke hearts
- Oysters Rockefeller: Half dozen topped with classic creamed spinach, crisp bacon, and Pernod, gratin with gruyere cheese
- Shrimp Ilene: Colossal baked shrimp in a toasted almond casino butter
- Steak and Potato: Grilled “Chairman’s Reserve” tenderloin tips and house-made potato gnocchi, carrot puree, Swiss Chard, Cabernet demi
- Lobster Corn Dogs: Served with Napa cabbage slaw and Pommery hollandaise
- Spicy Tuna Tartar: #1 Bigeye Tuna, spicy, creamy sauce, seaweed salad, papaya, avocado, and wonton chips
- Seared Sea Scallops: Bouillabaisse broth, melted leeks, fennel pollen
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast: Hot-smoked, pickled red onion, arugula, tomato caper relish, avocado, toasted baguette
- Tempura Asparagus: Served with miso-mustard dipping sauce
Joe Muer Seafood’s cocktail menu includes the Crabby Mary, shown here at the raw bar. The drink’s numerous garnishes include a crab claw.
In addition to a variety of individual cocktails, bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys are available at $22 and $25, respectively, with a two-hour service limit.
Joe Muer Seafood Location
400 Renaissance Center
1404, Detroit, MI 48243
Joe Muer Seafood has been the best place for fine dining in Detroit for more than 90 years. Joe Muer Seafood’s location at the Detroit Renaissance Center has some of the best views in the city.
Brunch hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; reservations are recommended. The restaurant, featuring sweeping views across the Detroit River, is in the Renaissance Center, with a street-level entrance beside the Marriott Hotel lobby.